Welcome to a new article in the Twisted Series. If you are unfamiliar with these editorials and the concepts behind them, check out some of my previous editorials in the series.
This time it's the turn of the now massive brand Hello Kitty. Originally targetted at pre-adolescents. Hello Kitty has gone on to become a huge brand with a number of products aimed at adults.
Did You Know?
- Created by Yuku Shimizu for Japanese company Sanrio. Hello Kitty made its first appearance in 1974 in a coin purse.
- Hello Kitty now has over $1 billion a year in sales and is sold in over 60 countries.
- Even though Hello Kitty was created in Japan, Hello Kitty actually lives in London, England.
- Hello Kitty full name is Kitty White.
- Hello Kitty has a twin sister Mimmy, you tell them apart as they wear ribbons on different ears.
- Hello Kitty has no visible mouth as she speaks from the heart.
I personally never thought I would write an editorial about Hello Kitty tees but these are not any ordinary Hello Kitty tees. These shirts have a twist that make them a little different.
Check out these shirts for yourselves. These are some of my personal favourites and I love the fact that these Hello Kitty t shirts can be worn by anyone, not just fans of the popular franchise.
I hope you like the tees, let me know what you think of these tees on my Facebook page or twitter.
And of course you can leave a comment below.